Furnace Installation and Repair
When installing a furnace it is important that you do your research and consider all external factors. Too often, people install furnaces that are of the improper size and efficiency within their homes. This can cause them to get damaged quicker or have expensive bills.
Some of the factors you should consider before installing a furnace in your home include;
- Total House Size: This is a major factor that will help you decide what furnace you require. Use the square footage of your home to determine the BTU/hour that you need for your new furnace.
- Efficiency: It is important to check the efficiency rating for your furnace. The efficiency rating determines how efficiently it can convert energy into heat. This will help you decide which size is right for your home. High-efficiency furnaces may also help you save money in the long run.
- House and Duct Layout: Depending on your needs, examining your house layout and ductwork can help you select the correct furnace. This will help prevent the random hot or cold spots that often occur in peoples homes
Repairing a furnace must be done properly to ensure comfort and safety. If you have a furnace that is the incorrect size; it may be loud and breaks down frequently. The following are some things you can do to prevent having to repair your furnace;
- Regularly Change Filters: To prevent your furnace from breaking down, ensure that you are regularly changing the filters (minimum twice per year). This will help keep the air purified and clean at all times. Ensure that you have read the manufacturers recommendations to prevent your furnace from getting damaged.
- Duct Cleaning: You should be getting your entire duct system cleaned regularly to ensure air is being circulated efficiently.
- Install the Correct Sized Furnace: If your furnace is too small, it may continually break down as it is being overworked. Contrarily, if your furnace is too large it may break down due to overheating from consistently turning off and on. If it does require repair; ask us to evaluate and provide you with the correct size that you need according to your home.
- Annual Furnace Maintenance: Our professionals are able to determine how well your furnace is working as well as what needs to be done to take care of it. Remember to take preventative measures to reduce the risk of a broken down furnace
Don’t wait until your HVAC system fails. We’re open 7 days a week, so give us a call today to let us keep your system running smoothly!